What’s the point of having an Instagram account if you’re not going to get any followers? It’s great that you have a blog and are posting photos that you think are cool and interesting, but unless people see your images, they probably won’t follow you. Unless you have friends who like obscure blogs about photography. We all know there is a big competition when it comes to social media. Everyone wants to be the coolest kid in their school or group of friends. The easiest way to make that happen is by having loads of followers on your Instagram page. However, gaining new followers takes time and effort, so keeping them around might seem like a different challenge altogether. Why Do My Instagram Followers Go Up And Down?
Why do my followers go up and down?
There are a number of reasons why your follower count might go up and down. For example, if you’ve just published a new blog post, you might see an uptick in followers as people check out your content. However, if you’re not actively publishing new content, your follower count might drop over time as people lose interest in what you have to say.
Find The Reason Why Your Followers Go Up And Down
- The most common reason for followers to drop off is that you haven’t published a new blog post since your last post. If this is the case for you, then make sure to add some new content to your blog every week or two.
- Another reason why followers might drop off is because of how good the content on your Instagram page is. If you are posting photos that are great and interesting, they will probably get a lot of likes and comments from people who like what you have to say. However, if you’re posting too many photos that are similar, then it won’t be long before people get bored and stop following you.
- Another reason why followers might drop off is because of how active they are on Twitter or Facebook. It’s important to have a presence on social media sites so that people can see what you’re up to at any time, but it’s important not to be overly active on these accounts as well or else your followers will lose interest.
- Another reason why followers might drop off is because of the time of day you post your photos. If you’re posting at a time when most people are at work, then your followers might not be able to see them and stop following you. This is a good chance for you to promote your content on social media sites as well, which will help get more people interested in what you have to say.
- Another reason why followers might drop off is because of the quality of your photos. If you’re posting photos that are blurry or have a bad lighting effect, then it will be hard for people to see them. However, if you’re posting photos that are clear and well-lit, then people will be able to see what you’re trying to say in your Instagram posts much more clearly.
- Another reason why followers might drop off is because of how your photos look when they get posted on Facebook or Twitter. If the photo looks bad when it’s posted on these social media sites, then some people won’t want to share it with their friends or family members because they don’t want their comments to be seen as stupid or mean by other people. This can happen even if the photo is great and interesting, which means that you need to find a good way to post your Instagram pictures so that they look good when they get posted on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
How To Keep Your Instagram Followers Up
Plan out your posting schedule
The first and most important step in keeping your followers engaged is to plan out your posting schedule. When you’re posting less frequently, it’s important to make each post count. The good news is that you don’t need to post every day to get good results. Depending on your audience and the platform you choose to focus your efforts on, one post per week may be enough. If you want to post more often, that’s fine too. The point is that you need to have a plan for what days you’ll be posting and what you’ll be posting. You can also consider posting certain types of content on specific days so you have a theme for the week. For example, posting a photo about your weekend activities on Monday after and then having a photo about an inspirational quote on Wednesday and a photo of your favorite food on Friday. This is a good strategy for those who have a lot of posts and don’t want to overwhelm their audience with content.
Rotate through a variety of content types
If you’re posting the same types of photos and videos every week, followers will start to get tired of seeing the same thing over and over again. Rotate through a variety of content types and you’ll keep your followers more engaged. Keep in mind that the type of content you post can also impact your engagement rate. So if you post only photos that receive a low rate of engagement, followers who are actively engaged may get tired of seeing them and unfollowing them. When selecting the types of content you post, choose those that you’re most comfortable with. If you aren’t comfortable posting certain types of content, it’s going to show, and followers will pick up on it.
Don’t be afraid to ask for engagement
Engagement is a two-way street. When you ask for your audience to comment on your posts or send you messages, you’re inviting them to get involved. Instagram is a social network, so it makes sense that you should encourage your followers to get social with you. You can ask for engagement with a few simple hashtags like “#AskMeAnything” or “#Comments Welcome.” You can also poll your audience with a caption-question combination. You can also try asking for specific types of engagement. For example, you can ask your audience to share how they use your products or recommend books they love. You can also try inviting users to submit a photo of their favorite spot in your city or their favorite food.
Use your bio to guide your audience
Your bio is often the first thing your followers see when they click on your page. This makes it an excellent place to guide your audience. Try adding a call-to-action in your bio that invites users to comment on your posts or send you a message. You can also use your bio to add some context to your posts or remind followers of the content themes you’re most focused on. Your bio is a great tool that you should use to your advantage. You can also try changing your bio from time to time to keep things fresh.
Mix in exclusive content with your posts
In addition to posts that are relevant to your business, try posting some exclusive content that you don’t post anywhere else. This can be anything from behind-the-scenes photos to silly videos of you and your team. It may seem silly at first to post content that isn’t directly related to your products or service, but it can actually go a long way toward building a connection with your audience and keeping them interested in what you have to say. Just make sure that any content you post that’s exclusive to your Instagram stays within the boundaries of the platform’s guidelines. You should also avoid posting the same type of content over and over again. Mixing in exclusive content with posts about your products and services can help keep things fresh and engaging for your followers.
Keep up with trends and current events
Instagram is a visual platform, so it only makes sense to post photos and videos. What you post is important too, though. When you’re posting photos and videos, make sure they’re relevant and interesting to your audience. To do this, you’ll need to keep up with trends and current events. If you’re a travel company, for example, you’ll want to keep an eye on trending destinations and attractions. You’ll also want to keep up with current events related to your industry, such as political issues or economic trends. This type of content is highly relevant to your audience and it’s a great way to help keep your followers engaged and interested in what you have to say.
Don’t forget about Instagram Live and video
Instagram Live can be a great way to connect with your followers and give them a little behind-the-scenes action. Make sure you’re consistent with your live video sessions, and you’ll give your followers an inside look at your business that they can’t get anywhere else. In fact, live video is gaining popularity among all social media platforms, including Instagram and Facebook. Video content is relatable and easy to digest, making it a great tool for keeping your followers engaged and interested in what you have to say. You can also try posting videos on occasion. A video can go a long way toward keeping your followers interested in what you have to say. Just be sure that your videos are worth watching. Poorly edited videos, videos with no real message, or videos that just aren’t that interesting are unlikely to keep your followers engaged.
When it comes to building a successful Instagram page, it’s important that you understand why your followers are going up and down. This will help you to figure out how to keep them engaged and keep growing your audience. It’s also important to remember that gaining new followers on Instagram doesn’t happen overnight. It takes time and effort, but if you keep posting great content, you will succeed.