When it comes to beauty and skincare, coconut oil has become a very popular ingredient. Whether you are reading beauty blogs, watching YouTube videos, or simply observing your friends on social media, it seems that everyone is talking about the benefits of coconut oil for your hair, skin, and even eyelashes! But how much of this is true? Is there any scientific evidence that supports the theory that coconut oil can help with eyelash growth? And if so, how exactly does it achieve this? Let’s take a closer look at what exactly makes coconut oil beneficial for your eyelashes.
Does Coconut Oil Make Your Eyelashes Grow?
Yes, coconut oil is great for eyelash growth. To achieve thicker and longer eyelashes, apply a bit of coconut oil to your eyelashes using a clean makeup brush or cotton swab. Leave the oil on your lashes for about 10 minutes before washing off with warm water. Repeat this process as necessary. Coconut oil is great for eyelash growth because it contains a rich source of proteins and amino acids. The compounds in coconut oil can help promote hair growth and nourish the hair follicles, which results in thicker, healthier lashes. Additionally, the antioxidants in coconut oil can help prevent damage to your eyelashes from free radicals and UV rays, which can also contribute to hair loss and thinning.
How Can Coconut Oil Help With Eyelash Growth?
1. Hair Growth
The first benefit of using coconut oil is the fact that it promotes hair growth. The reason for this is that coconut oil contains a chemical called capric acid, which is known for its ability to promote hair growth. A recent study published in the Journal of Dermatology showed that after 12 weeks of using coconut oil on their hair, men experienced an increase in hair density! This was by far the biggest benefit of this study.
2. Curl Strength
Another thing that coconut oil can help with is improving your curl strength and elasticity. Since it contains a high amount of saturated fats and medium chain triglycerides (MCTs), it helps improve your curl pattern by helping your curls maintain their shape and texture even when you wash them excessively!
3. Frizz Control
One thing that many people struggle with is frizziness or flyaways when they use their heat tools or straighteners too often. Coconut oil can help you control this issue by preventing your hair from being damaged when used as a leave-in conditioner before blow drying or flat ironing
4. Scalp Health
Coconut oil also promotes healthy scalp health thanks to its antimicrobial properties and ability to protect your scalp against infections such as dandruff! By regularly applying coconut oil to your scalp, you will notice an improvement in dryness and itchiness within just a few days!
Coconut oil also helps promote healthy hair and scalp by maintaining your scalp’s hydration levels. By applying coconut oil to your scalp, you will notice that it tends to attract moisture from the air, which is great for keeping your hair moisturized throughout the day!
6. Its Anti-Aging Benefits
Another benefit of using coconut oil is that it can help you fight against premature aging of your skin and hair. Since coconut oil contains high amounts of antioxidants, it helps protect your skin from free radicals and other damaging chemicals that may cause damage to the collagen fibers in your skin!
7. It Can Help With Acne Scars
If you struggle with acne scars, then you know how painful they can be! Luckily, there’s something out there that can help you deal with them. Coconut oil is known to have a healing effect on acne scars due to its anti-inflammatory properties! You can use this in combination with a scar treatment cream like Curology or Murad Acne Scar Recovery Treatment Serum for maximum effectiveness!
Benefits Of Coconut Oil For The Skin Around The Eyes
1. It Can Help With Dark Circles Under the Eyes
If you suffer from dark circles under your eyes, then you know how it can feel to wake up looking like you’ve been in a fight! The good news is that it’s quite easy to get rid of these dark circles. All you have to do is apply coconut oil around your eyes and let it sit for a few minutes before washing off. This will help hydrate and nourish your skin while also helping reduce the appearance of dark circles!
2. It Can Help With Dryness Around Your Eyes
Coconut oil also contains antioxidants that can help with the appearance of dryness around your eyes. By applying coconut oil, you will notice that the area around your eyes will be able to retain moisture better than it ever has before!
3. It Helps With Wrinkles Around Your Eyes
Coconut oil can also help with wrinkles around your eyes by reducing fine lines and wrinkles as well as preventing them from forming in the first place! By regularly applying coconut oil, you should notice fewer wrinkles appearing on your face over time!
4. It Can Help Reduce Puffiness Around Your Eyes
Puffiness or puffiness under the eye is another common issue that we all deal with from time to time. There are many different products out there that claim to reduce puffiness under your eyes, but if you want something natural then try using coconut oil instead! Coconut oil has been shown to help reduce puffiness under the eye and it can be used as a natural alternative to the many artificial products that are available on the market today!
5. It Can Help With Dark Circles Around Your Eyes
If you have dark circles under your eyes, then you know how it feels when you wake up with dark circles around your eyes! This can make you look tired and worn out all day long, which is why we want to get rid of these dark circles as soon as possible! Coconut oil is great for reducing these dark circles because it contains antioxidants that help with the appearance of discoloration in the skin!
6. It Can Help With Fine Lines Around Your Eyes
Fine lines are another common problem that people deal with from time to time. The good news is that coconut oil can help you deal with fine lines around your eyes by helping reduce their appearance and prevent them from forming in the first place! If you have fine lines around your eyes, then try using coconut oil regularly for maximum results!
Is There A Downside To Using Coconut Oil For Eyelash Growth?
- Coconut oil is a great product for many reasons but there is one potential side effect that you need to be aware of when using coconut oil for eyelash growth. Because coconut oil is saturated fat, it can make the skin around your eyes oily! This means that you should only apply coconut oil to the skin around your eyes at night time after you have taken your makeup off. By using coconut oil in this manner, you will find that the skin around your eyes remains hydrated and smooth throughout the day!
- The amount of coconut oil you use when applying it to your face depends on how often you would like to use it. If you only want to use coconut oil once in a while or just a few times then an ounce or less should be enough for you. If however, you would like to use coconut oil as part of an everyday skincare routine then 1-2 ounces should be more than enough!
- You can buy coconut oil from most health food stores and some beauty supply stores in either liquid or solid form. It is also available online from Amazon and other popular retailers for those who prefer shopping online instead of in-store!
- The best way to apply coconut oil for eyelash growth is to first cleanse your face and then take some coconut oil and rub it into your hands until it is completely melted.
- Once the coconut oil has been melted, you can then start applying it to your eyelashes. You should always apply the coconut oil in a downward motion, starting from the base of your eyelashes and working your way up! If you try applying the coconut oil in an upward motion, you will find that this will cause the oil to run down your face and make it look greasy!
- If you have any questions or comments about using coconut oil for eyelash growth, then please feel free to post them below!
Coconut oil is a multi-purpose ingredient that can be used to condition and moisturize the skin, strengthen the hair, and even help with weight loss! Coconut oil is an excellent natural ingredient that can be used to promote eye health and help with eyelash growth. The skin around the eyes is very delicate and can easily become dry and flaky. Coconut oil is a great way to keep the skin around your eyes hydrated and healthy. These benefits make coconut oil a very popular ingredient in skincare products. There is also a growing interest in using coconut oil to promote eyelash growth. If you are interested in using coconut oil for eyelash growth, be sure to follow the correct guidelines and avoid getting the oil in your eyes.