Travelcation seems to be the perfect blend of travel and vacation and has become a popular trend in recent years, but the question remains, is Travelcation legit?
With the increasing number of travel agencies scamming people, it’s only logical that you stay woke not to fall victim.
According to the International Air Transport Association, the travel industry and airlines lose $ 860 yearly due to scammers.
This is a staggering figure to ignore, and not to want to know which travel agencies can be trusted.
And what’s more is that with today’s tech age, scammers have become more competent, and you won’t even know what hit you until it’s too late.
It’s morally wrong and illegal to scan innocent people their hard-earned money. And with that in mind, let’s find out if Travelcation is legit.
We have reviewed many social forums like Quora and review sites, and one obvious thing is that Travelcation is not a legit company.
Many people have gone so far as to label Travelcation as a scam, with reports of poor customer service, false promises, and outright theft of funds.
A quick search on online forums such as Quora reveals that virtually no reviewer has anything positive to say about their experience with Travelcation.
Instead, there are countless painful stories of people who were left out of pocket, stranded at airports, or simply ignored when trying to resolve issues with their bookings.
It’s telling that the only positive reviews of Travelcation are from their employees, which is almost laughable.
If that wasn’t enough, Travelcation is also facing legal action, with multiple lawsuits filed against them in Los Angeles. These lawsuits allege various issues, including fraud, misrepresentation, and deceptive business practices.
While it’s important to remember that every business can have unhappy customers, the sheer volume and consistency of negative reviews for Travelcation should stop anyone.
When planning your next trip, it’s best to steer clear of this particular agency and choose a more reputable provider with a proven track record of customer satisfaction.
After all, you don’t want your trip to become a nightmare due to poor service and unscrupulous practices.
So, How Are They Scamming People?
How can they scam so many people and get away for so long? As mentioned, they are also quite clever; often, they won’t just receive your money and go silent on you.
They have tricks they use, and you will pay 3 times the original offer. Here is how they do it.
- Lure you with lower prices – Many people tend to fall for this trick. Travelcation claim that can help you save up to 50% of the best deals advertised. And the primary goal of displaying such low prices is to get you on board.
- Ask you to pay cancelation fees – We all know how cancelation fees work. If you apply to cancel your flight, the airline will charge you a fee from the original amount paid.
On the other hand, if the airline, for whatever reason, cancels the flight and you opt not to travel, you are entitled to a full refund and no fees.
However, in many cases, Travelcation would tell their customers that the airline canceled their flights and try to get them to go for a more expensive flight. If you say no, they then ask you to pay a cancelation fee which is not supposed to be that way.
- Refund the money in a different currency – The Company has also been accused of refunding the money in a foreign currency, resulting in customers losing money due to unfavorable exchange rates.
- Ask for credit information upfront – Travelcation has been said to ask for customers’ credit card information upfront, sometimes even before the final booking price is agreed upon, which raises concerns about potential fraud or misuse of sensitive financial information.
Some customers have even reported fully booking their trip without being asked for passport information.
- Use rude customer service to frustrate you – The goal here is to discourage you and hope you give up and leave them alone.
Or choose an expensive flight where you’ll pay more than you had budgeted.
Be On The Look Out For Telltale Signs Of Scamming Travel Agencies
Planning a trip should be an exciting and enjoyable experience, but unfortunately, some travel agencies can turn it into a nightmare.
Scammers who operate under the guise of legitimate travel agencies can trick you into paying for non-existent vacations, overpriced bookings, or hidden fees. So, how can you avoid being taken advantage of? Check out these tips.
- If a travel agency offers a deal that seems too good to be true, it probably is.
- Legitimate travel agencies typically have a physical office that you can visit, but scammers may not.
- Pay attention to the email addresses that a travel agency uses. Say, for example, a company called lib homebuilders. If you get an email like Jacktone@libhomebuilder.com, you are probably safe. But if you see an email like yusuf1234@gamil, run very fast!
- Scammers often ask customers to make payments to a private bank account rather than a busiess account, which can be a red flag that they’re not operating legally or ethically.
Do your due diligence, and call the respective banks to confirm that the account is registered to a business.
- Look for travel agencies that are members of reputable national or global associations, such as the American Society of Travel Advisors. Scammers are unlikely to have any official affiliations or credentials.
- They bounce you between different agents, and each one will have a different excuse or story for why a certain issue can’t be resolved. They also do this, so you don’t get too familiar with their agents.
Benefits Of Using Legit Travel Agencies
While it’s important to be on the lookout for scamming travel agencies, it’s equally important to recognize the benefits of working with legitimate ones.
Legit travel agencies can provide various services and advantages that make planning and enjoying your trip much easier and more enjoyable.
- You get to enjoy exclusive deals on accommodation, tours, and flights
- Peace of mind that comes from working with established and reputable business
- Point of contact should anything go wrong
Is Travelcation legit? The company has a questionable reputation in the travel industry. While some customers may have had positive experiences, there are far too many reports of poor service, hidden fees, and even outright scams for us to recommend this travel agency to our readers.
If you’re looking for a reliable and trustworthy travel agency to help plan your next adventure, we recommend exploring other options with established reputations for excellent service.
It’s important to be on the lookout for warning signs of scamming travel agencies and to do your due diligence before entrusting your money and trip plans to any company.