AppleCare is a popular extended warranty program offered by Apple, allowing customers to extend the warranty on their Apple devices. It’s an attractive alternative to the standard warranty coverage, offering additional protection and benefits. But is AppleCare worth it? This in-depth analysis will explore the pros and cons of the program, helping you decide if it’s the right choice for you. With AppleCare, you can get extended coverage for repairs and other services, get technical support, and more. On the other hand, it can be expensive, and for some users, the extra coverage may not be worth the cost. We’ll look at the coverage, the cost, and other factors to help you make an informed decision about whether or not AppleCare is the right choice for you.
Is AppleCare Worth It?
AppleCare is a great option for people who own Apple products, but it’s not necessarily worth the price. The coverage includes various services, including phone replacements and computer repairs, but the prices can be high. If you’re only planning on using your device for a few months or years, it may not be worth buying AppleCare.
What Is AppleCare?
AppleCare is Apple’s extended warranty program. It offers a range of benefits and services that are not available with the standard Apple warranty, which comes with all new Apple devices (except those purchased in bulk for business purposes). The standard Apple warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship for the first year. AppleCare extends this coverage to two years. It also covers support for software and iCloud issues, offering more comprehensive coverage than the standard warranty.
What Does AppleCare Cover?
- Phone replacements, including for cracked screens and water damage, are a great way to extend the life of your device! Instead of having to shell out money for an entirely new phone, you can replace parts and get your device working as well as new again. And with all the new features available on today’s devices, you can upgrade your phone every few years without buying a new one.
- If your device is lost or stolen, Apple will help you get a new one. This includes replacing your device if it’s lost or stolen, as well as providing credit for the purchase of a new device.
- AppleCare covers accidental damage, including drops and spills. If your device suffers damage because of something you did on purpose, like throwing it against a wall, Apple will help you replace the device or cover the cost of repairs.
- If you need to send your device in for repairs, Apple will cover the cost of shipping it back to you.
- With AppleCare, you can get help with troubleshooting software issues and problems with iCloud services.
- If your battery is dying quickly or if your phone starts acting up after being dropped a few times, Apple will replace the battery for free (with some restrictions).
- If you lose your device entirely—whether it’s stolen or just misplaced—Apple will help you set up a new device or give you a refund for your current one.
- If you have a problem with your device that needs to be covered by the standard warranty, like your phone freezing or not working at all, Apple will help you troubleshoot the issue and get it fixed.
- With AppleCare, you can get support for any issues with software updates, including those that may cause your device to stop working.
- And finally, if you need to speak to someone about a problem you’re having with your device, Apple has customer service representatives available 24/7 who are happy to help.
How Much Does AppleCare Cost?
- AppleCare+ for iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, SE, and 7 starts at $129 for the first year and $99 for each additional year.
- AppleCare+ for iPad starts at $129 for the first year and $99 for each additional year.
- AppleCare+ for Mac starts at $129 for the first year and $99 for each additional year.
- AppleCare+ covers up to two incidents of accidental damage, including drops and spills.
- Each incident needs to be reported within 30 days of happening.
- You can also add AppleCare+ for Home to your policy for an additional $29 per year.
- If you have an AppleCare+ policy and your device is lost or stolen, we will help you replace it.
- If you have an AppleCare+ policy and your device is damaged beyond repair, we will help you get a refund or a replacement device.
Pros And Cons Of AppleCare
- The benefits of AppleCare are extensive and cover a wide range of services.
- The coverage is two years long, longer than the standard warranty.
- The cost of AppleCare is higher than the cost of the standard warranty, but it may be worth it if you plan on using your device for a long time.
- If you need help with your device that is not covered under the standard warranty, AppleCare may be a good option for you.
- There is no obligation to buy AppleCare, and you can cancel it at any time.
- Some services, such as phone replacements and repairs, are not available without AppleCare.
- Some people find the cost of AppleCare to be high compared to the benefits offered.
- It is important to read the terms and conditions of AppleCare before purchasing it because there are some exclusions that can affect your coverage.
- There are some ways to save on AppleCare, such as purchasing it together with your device or buying it online.
- Overall, AppleCare is a good option for people who own Apple products, but it is not necessary for everyone.
Alternatives To AppleCare
- Buy a warranty from the Apple store. This is the cheapest option and covers only hardware defects. It does not cover software or iCloud issues.
- Purchase AppleCare+. This is the most expensive option, but it offers the most comprehensive coverage. It covers both hardware and software defects, as well as support for iCloud issues.
- Purchase AppleCare+ for your device and an additional AppleCare+ for your family or household member’s device. This option offers the most comprehensive coverage, but it is also the most expensive.
- Purchase AppleCare+ for your device and an additional protection plan from a third-party provider. This option offers the most comprehensive coverage, but it is also the most expensive.
- Purchase AppleCare+ for your device and a protection plan from a third-party provider. This option offers the most comprehensive coverage, but it is also the most affordable.
While AppleCare is a popular program, it’s important to note that it doesn’t cover every type of damage. It’s specifically designed to protect you from device malfunctions. If your device breaks due to an accident, it won’t get warranty coverage. That’s why it’s important to read the terms and conditions of any warranty program carefully to make sure it’s right for you. If you use your device a lot, it makes sense to extend the warranty to get more support time, plus coverage for accidents and liquid damage. But it’s important to consider the costs associated with it. If your device breaks because of a malfunction, you can get a repair or replacement without paying a deductible. However, if it breaks due to an accident, you’ll have to pay for repairs yourself.