Whether you or your recipient love furry little feline creatures, cat Valentine cards can be a great choice of card to gift your loved ones this Valentine’s Day. Valentine’s cards come in many shapes and sizes, so it is no surprise that they also come in a variety of designs featuring cute cats on them, because who doesn’t love a cute illustration of a cat? You can even get personalised cat cards that feature your very own little ball of fur! Popular online card retailers such as Boomf have great selections of cat Valentine cards to choose from if you wish to purchase a ready-made card.
However, not everyone wants to buy car Valentine cards. Some people might not be able to afford one or have the opportunity to buy one, or alternatively, some people may just prefer to make their own! Making your own Valentine’s Day card can be a fun craft activity for those that enjoy paper crafts and art, and it can also oftentimes be received as a more meaningful gift by your recipient as it is handmade by you, as opposed to just being purchased elsewhere. With that said, the rest of this article will be an overview of how you can make your own cat Valentine cards for your loved ones.
The first step is to gather some design inspiration so that you can start planning out what your card will be like. To gather design inspiration, you will want to look at what other retailers or people include on cat Valentine cards so that you can either draw inspiration from these examples or use them as references and templates.
The best place to find inspiration for card designs are:
- Pinterest: just search for ‘cat Valentine’s cards and you will see tons of design examples.
- Google Images: same as above, search for the design that you are after.
- Looking at online card retailers such as Boomf that have a cat Valentine’s card selection.
Using a Template
If you are not the creative type, you can opt to copy an existing design if you cannot think of your own after looking at the design inspiration. This is perfectly fine to do, just make sure you do not claim a design that isn’t yours.
To make your own cat Valentine’s card, you will want to assemble the required materials to do so. The things that you will need are:
- Card stock, card, or thick paper. This is for the body of the card so that it can stand on its own.
- A pencil for the outline, and whatever colouring tools you wish to use (colour pencils, paints, felt tips, etc.).
- Scissors to cut the card.
- General stationery such as a ruler or eraser.
Once you have gathered the required materials needed to create your card, it is time to start making it!
- Step 1: Trim your card or paper to the desired width and height; use a ruler and pencil to mark where needed so that the cuts are straight. Fold the card in half so that it resembles a card that can stand on its own.
- Step 2: Sketch your design on the front of the card. If you are scared to ruin it, practice on a piece of paper first.
- Step 3: Using colour pencils, felt tips, paints, or another medium of your choice, apply the colouring and final touches to the design.
- Step 4: Write an equally cute message inside the card for your recipient.
- Step 5: Give your handmade, unique cat Valentine’s card to your loved one!
And there you have it! With that, you should have your very own cat Valentine cards that you can give to your loved ones this Valentine’s Day, sure to put a smile on anyone’s face!