If you have very short hair (chin length or shorter), it can be difficult to find a flattering hairstyle. While long hair can be left to fall naturally, short hair requires more work to achieve the right look. Fortunately, there are several techniques that can help you make the most of your natural features. If you don’t like your current haircut but aren’t ready to go for an even shorter cut, try learning how to curl very short hair without heat! To get great curls without heat, you need volume, lift, and texture. You might not think of curls as a solution for a small head of hair, but they create the illusion of more thickness with the right cut and styling tricks. You can also use on-trend rollers or clip-in extensions for added volume in just a few minutes at home. Let’s take a closer look at some of your options below.
How To Curl Very Short Hair Without Heat?
If you’re looking for a way to add volume and length, consider a curly weave. This is ideal if you have straight hair that lacks volume. It’s also a great option if you want some length without having to cut your own hair. Curly extensions are available in both synthetic and human hair varieties. The latter is more expensive but generally easier to style and maintain as they can be washed and styled like real hair.
Curl With Rollers
Rollers are one of the best ways to get curls without heat in short hair because they create lots of volumes and lift at the roots. To use them, start by spritzing the roots with hairspray or setting lotion, then working in small sections from front to back with a clip-in curling iron set on its lowest setting (around 200ºF). Let it cool for about five minutes, then remove the rollers carefully so as not to disturb the curls.
Curl Using a Flat Iron
You can also use a flat iron to curl very short hair without heat, but you will need to work more quickly than with rollers. The good news is that this method is easier to master than a curling iron and will give you more consistent results. To use it, section your hair into 1” or 2” pieces (depending on how thick your hair is) and spray each one with hairspray or setting lotion before running the flat iron over them (on its lowest setting). Let it cool for five minutes, then remove the sections carefully so as not to disturb the curls. You can also try using a curling wand instead of a flat iron for large, loose curls that are often found on long hairstyles with lots of volumes.
Curl With a Curling Wand
Curling wands are another good option for getting curls without heat in short hair, but they do come with some drawbacks. First of all, they are not very versatile and can only create tight curls that may be too severe for short hair. They also take longer than rollers or flat irons because you have to go through each section individually rather than working in sections from front to back, like with rollers and flat irons. If you decide that less damaging to your hair, so it’s a good choice if you want to avoid heat damage. To use a flat iron, simply set it on the lowest setting and work in small sections from front to back.
How To Curl Short Hair With Extensions?
- Clip-in hair extensions are ideal for creating instant volume and length. They’re also easy to remove and won’t damage your own hair like regular extensions. Look for a set that is lightweight and has plenty of clips, so you can create a full look in no time.
- Section your hair into small sections (a few inches wide). Use an elastic to hold the clip-in extensions in place while you curl them with a curling iron or wand. This will help you get the most out of your extensions and ensure they don’t slip out while you work!
- Once all of your hair is curled, let it cool before removing the clips. Be careful not to burn yourself! Use a comb to gently remove the curls from your natural hair one at a time, being careful not to tug or yank at it too much. You want to keep as much volume as possible in this step.
- Once all of the extensions are removed, brush your hair out gently with a natural bristle brush. This will help to smooth out the curls and eliminate any tangles or frizz. You can also use a flat iron to smooth the hair, but be careful not to overdo it!
- Once everything is smooth, finish with light hairspray. Spray from about six inches away and hold for a few seconds before moving on to the next section. This will help you get even coverage without putting too much product on your hair or leaving it sticky and wet-looking.
- The final step is to set your curls by using a spray bottle filled with water and setting spray (such as hairspray). Spray from about six inches away and hold for a few seconds before moving on to the next section. This will help you get even coverage without putting too much product on your hair or leaving it sticky and wet-looking.
The Easy Way To Curl Short Hair
- Curly hair is easy to control and modify, so it’s a great choice for women who don’t have a lot of time to spend on their hair. Curly hair, especially when worn in tight curls, also gives the illusion of more volume and thickness. If you have naturally curly hair, you can use rollers or clip-in extensions to add texture and volume.
- Textured bob hairstyles are also ideal for short hair because they create more volume around the face and neck than other popular styles like sleek bobs or lob cuts. The best part? A textured bob can be created with a simple razor cut at home! Just ask your hairstylist for slightly longer layers around the face and neck.
- If you have straight hair that doesn’t hold curls well, try using rollers overnight to achieve soft waves that last all day long. You can find cheap roller sets online or at your local drugstore, and they’re a great way to add texture and volume to short hair.
- The best way to curl short hair is by using a curling iron. If you have naturally curly hair, you can use a curling iron set on the lowest heat setting to add definition and shine without the frizz. If you have straight hair, you should use a small curling iron or wand set on medium heat for tighter curls.
- If you don’t like the look of your curls when they cool down, try using a texturizing spray before styling. A texturizing spray will give your curls more definition, making them appear more natural and less like an obvious “set” hairstyle.
Curly hairstyles are a great option for girls with short hair. You can curl short hair with a curling wand, a curling iron, or by wrapping it around your fingers. If your hair is too short to create curls, you can use extensions or clip-in hair pieces to add volume and length.