When you shop at Walmart, you’ll notice a new cashback program. It’s advertised directly on their website as well as included within each and every one of the products they sell. This cashback program is designed to encourage customers to make purchases through the Walmart app and engage with pre-selected vendors within the app itself. While cashback programs have proven to be popular with consumers across the board, it remains to be seen whether or not this will remain the case with Walmart’s specific programs. Unfortunately, even with all of the good that comes from a cashback program, there are some downsides to be aware of when shopping at Walmart and engaging with their new cashback options.
Does Walmart Do Cash Back?
Yes, Walmart offers a Cashback Program called ‘Savings Catcher. The Savings Catcher service is offered by Walmart to automatically detect and refund you the difference if you can purchase an item for less elsewhere. Savings Catcher is available for both online and in-store purchases. Sociable saving catchers can be used to search for lower prices on your selected items – such as groceries, toiletries, and more. If the Savings Catcher finds a lower price elsewhere, it’ll automatically credit your Walmart account with the difference.
The Good: What You Can Earn With Walmart’s Cashback Program
- There are a few aspects of the program that are truly beneficial for the customer. The first is that you do not have to make a purchase to be a part of the cashback program. You can simply sign up for the program and receive valuable information that will help you make more informed shopping decisions.
- It’s easy to get caught up in needing to get cash back on each and every purchase, but it’s important to remember that you’re getting access to valuable information that can help you save. Another positive aspect of the program is that you don’t have to wait until the end of the month to receive a statement of your earnings.
- This is common with many reward programs. You simply look at your app and see how much you have earned — and then, you can cash in on it immediately.
- Finally, the app is free to download and use. Many similar cashback apps have required members to pay a monthly fee, which can become expensive if you make regular purchases from the Walmart app. The Walmart cashback program is free and there are no hidden fees or costs associated with it. This is one of the best parts of the program. There are no membership costs or monthly payments — and you can make some extra cash by simply using the app every time you shop.
The Bad: How to Join and Set Up Your Walmart Cashback Account
- You can join the Walmart cashback program online. This is the easiest way to get started; you can do it anytime. You’ll need to provide the following information: – Your email address – This is where you’ll receive your cashback earnings and information
– Your first and last name
– This appears on your account
– Your date of birth
– This helps confirm that you are at least 18 years old
– Your phone number
– This is used as a security measure
– Your address
– This is also used for verification purposes
– A valid government-issued ID
– This verifies your information After you complete these steps, your account should be activated within 24 hours. You can then login and begin to make purchases through the app.
- This is a new program with many questions about its effectiveness. While the program does not require members to make purchases, it also doesn’t guarantee that it will work for everyone.
- It’s important to remember that the app is free to download and use, so there aren’t any hidden costs associated with it — but the fact remains that you can only earn cash back if you shop through the app correctly for each product.
- The biggest issue with this program is that it is not entirely clear what your earnings will be at any given time. You can see how much you have earned in previous months, but there isn’t a way to see what your earnings will be in any given month or week, or day until after the no additional fees involved with the Walmart cashback program.
- With this new cashback program, you can earn money by simply shopping and doing your usual shopping habits. You can also earn money by referring your friends to the Walmart app and helping them save money, too.
- The cashback is real money and it is deposited directly into your bank account in a timely manner, as well. You won’t have to wait until the end of the month to receive it or anything like that; you’ll receive a statement detailing how much you earned within a couple of days.
- There are also no limits on how much you can earn with this new cashback program; there are no restrictions at all on this particular aspect of their program.
The Ugly: The Dangers of the Walmart Cashback Program
- This is a cashback program, so you will have to pay when you redeem your cash back. While it’s important to remember that this isn’t a reward program, it still has its drawbacks. The first drawback is that if you do not have any cashback available, then you will not be able to use the money for anything else. You may find yourself in a situation where you don’t have enough money for your next purchase but also don’t have enough cash back to cover the purchase entirely — and unfortunately, this can be quite frustrating at times.
- Another drawback of the Walmart cashback program is that there are some companies that are not part of their network and therefore cannot be used with their app. This is clearly stated in their hidden costs to you, the customer.
- The Walmart app isn’t the only place where you can earn cash back with this program. You can also earn cashback through your bank account if you choose to link your checking or savings account to the Walmart debit card. This means that you’ll be able to earn cash back in both places if you choose to do so, which is a nice feature for those who have multiple ways of earning cash back with their purchases.
- You will receive notifications about when it’s time to redeem your earnings that include the amount of money that you have earned and how much money it will take from your account to be able to redeem it.
- Your earnings are easy enough for anyone to understand and make sense of — there is no confusion about how much money is in your account at any given time or how long until you can use it.
Like many cashback programs, it can be hard to determine whether or not it’s worth it based purely on the facts. You can make some assumptions and calculations, but most of the time, it’s a judgment call. You can make a couple of assumptions based on the information you have so far. First, you can assume that you are saving money on each purchase. This is a given, but it’s important to note. That said, you need to determine how much you are saving per purchase. Depending on how much you buy at Walmart and how much you shop through the app, you might earn enough to make a significant dent in your savings each month. You also need to consider how much the app costs to download. While it’s free, there may be costs associated with using it that affect how much you actually save. In the end, the app is definitely worth it if you are a Walmart shopper and make regular purchases. It’s free to download, easy to use, and you can make some extra cash for simply shopping through the app.