Latisse is the prescription drug commonly used to grow longer, fuller, and darker eyelashes. It contains the active ingredient called bimatoprost, a synthetic prostaglandin analog. Because of its ability to promote hair growth, bimatoprost is also used as a treatment for alopecia areata (a condition that causes patches of hair loss) and male-pattern baldness. For those who don’t know, your eyebrows are another type of eyelash. They are short, sparse and light in color on most people but they too can be darkened and grown fuller with Latisse. Latisse is not intended for use on the brows or any other part of the face besides the top lid.
Does Latisse Work On Eyebrows?
Yes, Latisse works on eyebrows. It’s the same medication, just at a higher strength. Both Eyelashes and Eyebrows are made of the same protein cells called keratinocytes. The only difference is that the hair follicles are slightly different on eyebrows and Eyelashes, but in regards to how the growth of new Hair (eyebrow hair) occurs, they are the same. Growing thicker darker Eyebrows/Eyelashes with Latisse can be achieved by using it as directed with an additional once-daily application of Latisse to your Upper and Lower Boredom (Eyebrows).
How To Use Latisse For Eyebrows?
- Apply one drop of Latisse (typically 1/4 to 1/2 of 0.5 ccs Pre-measured bottle) to your fingertip and spread it gently along the upper and lower lengths of your Eyebrow (eyelash). Use additional drops to deposit more at the base where it naturally grows more sparse. There are no hard-and-fast rules on how much to use Latisse since each person’s hair growth is different, but we generally recommend using between 0.25 and 0.50 cc of Latisse per week for best results!
- You may continue with daily application of Latisse up to 4-6 weeks after the initial consultation with your doctor if desired, but stopping the treatment early can lead to a reduction in hair growth due to the effects starting to wear off. It is also important that you continue using Latisse consistently as instructed throughout the eyebrow maintenance phase before moving forward with surgery last or near last step (Eyebrow Hair transplantation surgery)!
- If your brows have not grown enough to be shaped and shaped for a hair transplant, Latisse can still help you achieve fuller, thicker eyelashes by using them in the same way as stated above.
- The most important thing to keep in mind is that with every application of Latisse, your eyebrows will become darker! This is normal, so be patient when first starting treatment. You may want to start by using only one drop (less than .5 cc) of Latisse per day and gradually increase the dose once the darker color begins to appear at 2 weeks mark (weeks). Then continue with the daily use of between 0.25 and 0.50 cc, but always check your brows a few times a week to see if you need more product, as this often happens quite quickly!
- It’s possible to stop treatment or drastically reduce the amount of Latisse used at any time; therefore you must consult your doctor before stopping or reducing daily use OR if you wish to avoid future medical expenses due to unwanted side effects such as pigmented eyebrows. If instead, you wish for surgery then please contact us for more information on how we can help you get started in your process by providing an upfront consultation from our highly reputed plastic surgeons!
Pros Of Using Latisse On Eyebrows
1. Huge positive impact on both the appearance and growth of Eyebrows:
The most amazing cosmetic effect of Latisse is the incredible and noticeable difference it can make to your face. As well as stimulating hair growth, Latisse has also been proven to reduce hair loss (through stimulating existing regrown hairs and preventing new ones from falling out). As a result, many people are finding that eyebrows are gaining thicker, fuller-looking hairs and lashes. In addition, users have reported that Latisse can help some men who might find themselves even more handsome with thick brows – think Brad Pitt or George Clooney. With the use of eyebrow maintenance doctor’s advice will ensure that this product will not only benefit your brand new eyebrows but ensure they grow into attractive while being healthy too!
2. Hair Regrowth:
As well as growing thicker and fuller-looking eyebrow hairs, many people are also noticing that their old eyebrows often start growing back at a much faster rate than before (especially when using Latisse for longer periods or applying more for each application). Other people have reported regrowth of redhead eyebrow hairs darkening their natural color over time before eventually regrowing at full strength along with all other eyebrow hair types. If you have an eyebrow transplant coming up then please consult us for more information on how we can help you get started in your process by providing an upfront consultation from our highly reputed plastic surgeons!
3. Progress towards Eyebrow Make-up:
Because of the hair growth and more natural appearance, many people are finding that their eyebrows are making their eyes look more attractive and appealing (especially when mating with the acceptable increase in hair growth). As a result, many women are now choosing to wear make-up over previously unattractive eyebrows and even sometimes choose to remove make-up over not-so-attractive eyebrows.
4. Improves Appearance of Eyebrows:
Many people have reported that Latisse has helped them improve their appearance in other areas of life as well by helping to reduce age spots on their faces. So not only is it an improved-looking eyebrow and eyelash regrowth – but it can also lead to a smoother, younger-looking face overall!
5. Less Hair Loss:
The most amazing cosmetic effect of Latisse is the incredible and noticeable difference it can make to your face. As well as stimulating hair growth, Latisse has also been proven to reduce hair loss (through stimulating existing regrown hairs and preventing new ones from falling out). As a result, many people are finding that fewer hairs are falling out daily or becoming thinner in number every day. Some users have even reported that they have found themselves growing back previously lost brow hairs much faster than before!
Cons Of Using Latisse On Eyebrows
1. Latisse Can Cause Dryness and Flaking:
Although Latisse is an amazing treatment for hair loss in the rest of the body, it has also been shown to cause increased facial hair growth (including eyebrows). As a result, many users have reported that they are experiencing increased dryness and flaking under the brows (especially when using more than two applications).
2. Darker Eyebrows:
Despite what many users may believe, Latisse is not guaranteed to regrow all eyebrow colors (in fact most people will not see color progression or any regrowth at all with Latisse). With this in mind, you must understand your natural eyebrow color before choosing to use Latisse. If you have dark eyebrows then only dark hairs will be stimulated; if you have light-colored eyebrows then light-colored hairs will be irritated – meaning that there is no guarantee of seeing any regrowth at all!
3. Cheekbone Tingling and Rash:
Many users have reported an unpleasant feeling on their cheekbones as well as on their lower faces due to the application process. This can also result in a rash or other skin irritation on the lower face as well as possible swelling of the cheeks.
4. Wart-like Lesions:
If you apply too much Latisse to one place (for example at least two applications or repeated applications), then your skin may experience lesions that are similar to warts or skin irritation around where it is applied. Because of this possibility, it is important to carefully measure your Latisse before applying each dose to ensure you do not experience any side effects. You can also read our article on Latisse to see how it is applied.
Latisse has been shown to cause painful itchiness in some individuals if it is applied too often, incorrectly, or in the same place for too long. This may be due to the ingredients it contains which are known irritants that can react with different skin types differently (such as inflammatory skin). Therefore, it is important that you understand how to use Latisse properly and only apply it a maximum of 4 times a week and never more than once daily (you should never apply more than 2 times per day at the most).
If you have alopecia areata or are dealing with eyebrow alopecia, we recommend consulting with a doctor before using Latisse. As we’ve discussed, the drug is associated with some side effects, so it’s important to understand the risks. In addition, you want to make sure it’s safe to use Latisse on your brows. If you decide it’s right for you, we recommend following the directions on the bottle to make sure you apply the product correctly.